It’s Healthy November Week Two! :) I’m super happy to say that this week I felt a lot more energized and motivated compared to last week. I’m strongly believing that my work out plan is perfect balance for me, it’s crucial not to try workout too much as then your body gets tired too quickly and you sort of burn out and in the worst case scenario might even stop training completely! So do not try to train more than what you happily want to do. It’s all about making you and your body & mind happy and content. You have to want to do exercise to get the results you want to achieve. :)
So let’s start!
1. Kale. Have you tried out this green veggie already? It took a while for me to actually try kale crisps even though they been a trend for a long time now. It’s super easy to make and they are worth every penny. It’s healthier version to the basic crisps ( at least this is what people say! ) and I love that they are green :D so you really feel like you are making a favour to yourself by eating them on a Saturday night watching a movie etc. I also made few dishes that included kale. Kale noodles & kale + rice. I will post recipes next week! :-)
2. Healthy snacks. I had a little Me-Time moment so thought to make a plate that has selection of veggies, fruits & cheese. On my platter I had fresh sliced banana “coins” (they are super fun healthy snack! :-) sliced kiwi fruit, almond pineapple cheese and of course the lovely kale crisps.
3. Tea. Again I am trusting the power of tea! My top 5 at the moment are: matcha green tea, lemon macaroon green tea, strawberry cupcake green tea, ginger lemon & ginseng tea and also camomile tea.
4. Healthy snack platter number two. I tried some dark rye bread slices and lovely creamy brie cheese! Oh my gosh. I love it! Worth to try out honestly. It’s carbs + fat but a nice combo so no need to feel quilty. ( also some non salted almonds )
5. Grilled red peppers + bean & cream cheese filling. This was so tasty, I will post the recipe later also so you can have a go. To give you the idea short, I filled these peppers with some herb cream cheese, onion and beans. Topped with fresh basil leaves! Yummy!
1. Spinning. I love this super workout! It’s pretty awesome for your legs and bum, but that being said atleast for me once a week is enough.
2. Running. I continued running this week, 30 min at a time. Noticed that probably I need to think about getting new shoes for running as mine are not really meant for running. My foot started to hurt a little afterwards so probably will need to check in on that later!
3. Abs. I want that six pack before Xmas! :D So I started doing some serious abs-workout. I have done abs workout before, but now I’m sort of trying to find heavier workouts that will transform my invisible abs to very visible ones in no time. Well the reality is, this will take long long time to get any of the muscles show without pulling in your stomach. So I did about 5 x 5 workouts per style. Basic sit ups and planking position as well jack knife sit ups. ( the last one is soo intensive and hard workout! ) Arms. I did 4 kg weights 10×10 biceps + triceps. Next week I’m going to do more intensive workout for arms, I really want my arms tighter asap, but it takes looong time to see any difference. Biceps actually already show a positive change! :-) I can see an apple there, before was more like a cherry tomato or a mandarin.
4. Boxing. I used to do boxing and kick boxing when I lived in London, usually two-three times a week. It’s very intensive workout so there is no need to do it more than once or twice a week, I just somehow was a boxing addict back then :D. But yeah, so now I am thinking to continue it, but only once a week. It’s a great and fun workout!
5. Stretching. Don’t forget to do some stretching also, it’s important for your muscles. I personally sometimes forget to do that so I decided to take half an hour to get it done. I did all the basic stretches, stayed about 2-5 minutes in one position. I felt so relaxed after the stretching session. :-)
So here was my update on Healthy November, next week I am planning to add more protein and more intensive training! :-)